Homely Pasta + Camera Phone
Un-photogenic, yet completely DELICIOUS! This is one of the most tasty things I have made in a while. My camera’s battery was dead, so I was forced to use my ghetto smart fake iphone camera to shoot this, and so it looks really monochromatic and boring. I wanted something buttery, comforting, with lots of garlic and onion. A partially used box of spaghetti was in the cupboard, and I also wanted to share leftovers with Lauree. So I kind of just made this up on the fly, measurements are not exact.
Nutty Lemony Beany Cheesy Pasta
Most of a box of spaghetti (probably 90% was still there)
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large sweet onion
5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
3/4 can of great northern beans
juice of half a lemon
dash white balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup grated asiago
salt and pepper
1. Begin heating the pasta water, adding a bit of oil and salt.
2. Heat a saute pan and melt the butter with the oil. Chop up your onion and garlic, then saute it over medium high heat until translucent. Squeeze in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper (if using salted butter be careful about adding salt, as the asiago will also increase the sodium of the dish)
3. While the pasta is cooking, add in the beans to the onion and stir around. Then add in the almonds, dash of vinegar, and the cheese.
4. When the pasta is done, make sure to spoon some of the cooking liquid into the sauteed mixture. This helps the sauce adhere to the pasta.
5. Toss the pasta in the oil and butter. You can add more if it doesn’t seem quite right – I didn’t exactly measure, so if the pasta is dry, add more butter or oil (whichever you prefer). Top with grated cheese and serve!