Baked Chicken… With A Lot of Cheese
First things first: if no one is around to cook for him, my dad will prepare a dinner consisting of any or all of the following delicacies..
- Huge bowl of airpopped popcorn
- Fried egg and toast
- Several bowls of Raisin Bran or Cracklin Oat Bran
- Potato salad
- Can of soup
He will, like most people, never turn down a grilled cheese sandwich, meatloaf, pork chops, shepherd’s pie. Classic stuff, my friends. I decided to make him something Fancy the other day. I think only step by step instructions are really necessary in this case. And yes, kids, it was good.
- Get out a 8×8 inch glass baking pan (or scale it up – I was only using 3 large breasts, so it was all I needed)
- Heat up some oil in a frying pan and sear Chicken breasts on all sides, place in dish
- Pour some more olive oil into the pan, and fry up some onions. Salt and pepper for good measure. Divide over the chicken breasts.
- I decided to add in some more meat to this dish, so I placed some slices of smoked turkey and ham on top of each breast over the onions (1 slice of each type).
- Get out your favorite sauce, or if you wanted to be Super Fancy, you could have like made your own sauce or something. Or found that stash of awesome end of summer heirloom bumper crop sauce in the freezer that you have been deciding how to best use. Pour a bunch over everything.
- Slice up some fresh mozzarella, or just regular, whatever what. Place Over the sauced up chicken. Grate some fun hard cheeses over the top, and sprinkle any italian herbs you might want to include as well. I drizzled some olive oil over everything, and…
- Popped it in the oven at 350 for maybe 30-40 minutes. Depends on how much you cooked them in the pan, how big your breasts are (haha), and other fun variables like that. Obviously, just check it if you are super unsure.
- Serve with some bright green steamed veggies, bread, and perhaps salad if you are so inclined.